Sports Premium Funding
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per year for September 2014 to July 2015. The purpose of the funding is to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. Each primary school is allocated a proportion of this funding based on the number of pupils in school.
At Middlestown Junior and Infant School it is our aim to use the funding to encourage more children to participate in PE and school sports. This could include:
- Staff development training;
- Bring in sports coaches for both curriculum activities and for after school clubs;
- Increase participation in interschool competitions;
- Purchasing new PE equipment or replacing old equipment; and
- Purchasing sports equipment for use during lunchtime play.
The PE Curriculum at Middlestown Junior and Infant School provides all children with a wide range of sporting and learning experiences and we value how important it is for our children to develop in this area of the curriculum. In PE children learn a range of sporting skills and they learn that being active is fun and that it is important to lead an active lifestyle.
The following pages explain how this money was spent in 2013 -2014 and the impact this had. You will also find the plans for this funding in 2014 -2015.