Governors at Middlestown Primary play a vital role in supporting the school. As the Chair of Governors I value working closely with the other Governors. ...
The Local Governing Body (LGB) is responsible for overseeing the broad Academy objectives, working with the Senior Leadership Team to improve the whole life of the Academy and its impact on the community. In this respect the main functions are to:
- Act as a key link between the Academy, parents and local community and champion the work of the Academy.
- Provide constructive challenge and strategic direction to the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team as they plan the future development of the Academy, ensuring a focus on the Academy Development Plan and the self-evaluation process.
- Offer the views of different parts of the Academy and local communities to influence decision making.
- Continually review the overall impact of the Academy amongst the people it exists to serve and make plans for improvement.
The Local Governing Body meet as a whole along with sitting on the below sub-committees dedicated to different functions relating to academy life:
- Resources Committee
- School Improvement Committee
- Headteacher’s Performance Management Committee
These sub-committees meet regularly to discuss termly and annual standing items. All policies are processed through the committees. Full Governor meetings and sub committees are formally minuted.
The scheme of delegation and more detailed governance information is documented in the Accord Multi Academy Trust Governance Handbook. To view this document, please click here.
For more details on the Accord Multi Academy Trust, please visit the website at www.accordmat.org.uk.
Janice Curtin – Chair of Governors Having spent over 30 years working in one of the biggest and most successful schools in the North of...