Middlestown Primary Academy last had an OFSTED inspection in October 2019 and were given a ‘Good’ rating. Listed below are some highlights of the report and if you would like to read the full report please click on the link at the bottom of this page.
- The pupils are very well-mannered and enjoy helping others. They are polite and show this through greeting each other and adults, holding doors and making newcomers feel welcome.
- Pupils are enthusiastic learners, they achieve well and are ready for the next stage of their education.
- Staff support each other well and there is a strong sense of team and this ‘rubs off’ on the children.
- Pupils are keen to read and especially enjoy the books that teachers read to them. Phonics is effective and builds on pupils’ knowledge.
- The children become independent and confident learners whilst in EYFS and the tasks they have to choose from are enticing and engaging.
- Pupils with SEND are well supported across school and safeguarding procedures are effective.
- The children are offered rich experiences throughout their time at school.