Sports Premium Funding
The Government fund an additional £16,000 (plus £10 per pupil between the ages of 5-11 years old) to improve the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The allocation for 2017-18 for Middlestown Primary Academy is £17,780.
Schools are able to determine how this money is spent and are accountable for the impact of the expenditure. It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils (including targeted and in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Middlestown Primary Academy uses a range of methods to monitor the impact of the sports premium on PE, physical activity and school sport.
- Staff reviews
- Pupil interviews
- Learning walks
- Case studies
- Data analysis
- Attendance in extra-curricular activities
The links below explain how this money was spent in previous academic years and the impact of the spending. The planned spending for this academic year is currently being planned and will be updated shortly.